What is this program
Create a meeting place to exchange ideas between theologians, social scientists, and ministry practitioners in order to analyse and understand the context we are living in and ministering to, but also to generate new ideas regarding how the gospel addresses the specific questions of our time.
What’s the format?
Research / Library
Think Tank Meetings
What are the questions:
Some of the questions that think tank will be asked to answer are:
- What form does the phenomenon of secularization take in the Southern Balkans?
- What are the special features of the Southern Balkans?
- What is common and what is unique?
- How does the presence of the “Eastern Orthodox” context relate to the construction of identity in the Balkan societies?
- How do you understand the practice of witnessing as a minority and often as a misunderstood minority?
- What does the phenomenon of “nominal” faith mean?
- How does the presence of “state religion” affect the planting of new churches?
- How is the connection between “national identity” and “religious faith” expressed?
We would love to hear from you:
This programme is the heart of our initiative. Our goal is to train 5 – 7 new church planters every year.
Every two years there will be a conference with the goal first of all to gather all those who have taken part in our training.